And echoing my comments there, this from the NPA:
“The Act … which was introduced to Congress by Jason Chaffetz (R-UT) and Jared Polis on April 5, says producers of healthy foods and supplements should be allowed to cite ‘legitimate scientific studies’ on the health benefits of their products on product labels and websites.
Commenting on the Act, which proposes an amendment to Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act to enable supplement makers to cite scientific studies on their labels and websites, NPA chief executive John Gay said: “While we are sympathetic to the goal of more accurate information being allowed to be disseminated, it could end up opening up DSHEA (the Dietary Supplements Health and Education Act) to amendments and once you start this process you don’t know what is going to come out of it.” - http://www.nutraingredients-usa.com/content/view/print/368807
Warnings for Natural Product Companies!
Special Attachment from the Vitamin Lawyer: Several clients are raising funds to invest in Clinical Trials or Clinical Studies; I was asked to prepare a “Comfort Letter” for the clients to use with their potential investors. I’m attaching a copy of the letter to this eMemo to encourage all natural product companies to raise the funds they need to invest to stay in the market!
The Red Letter I sent you in recent weeks from the NPA & ASA urgently restate what I’ve been telling my perceptive clients regarding the vitamin or natural products companies. Are you ready for the FDA inspectors? I told you the 4 essential steps you must take in the last issue of the VL Update. Here, I add estimates of what these essential steps will cost your company. You need to budget now and start to do what you can to be prepared.
HHS Secretary Sibelius admitted a couple days ago that she has a $16 Billion slush fund under Obamacare that can be used to fund activities like the FDA’s 4,000 new inspectors… and FDA has already dramatically increased inspections, without those new bureaucrats!
What do you need to survive an FDA inspection? I’ve told you several times!
- Standard Operating Procedures – in place and up-to-date -from $500. The SOP document not only satisfies FDA, but also helps you organize your business!
- Product Substantiation Notebook – in place and up-to-date –from $500 plus your research time; this Notebook is a MUST if you get inspected! Part of the Notebook includes copies of the Structure and Function Claims Notices companies are required to file with the FDA within 30 days of marketing any claim. The cost for these notices is from $340.
- Copy-writers who know how to avoid Red Flag claims & Illegal Testimonials! My webinar on these issues is inexpensive. $99 for the archived CAM Webinar; a private copywriter webinar just for your company copywriters will cost above $500 (the webinar includes an eBook specially written for your company).
- A Third-Party Clinical Trial of your product; you can no longer fully rely on published science about isolated ingredients – This can cost up to several hundred thousand dollars. NCT offers a Minimal Clinical Trial from $35,000.
the more at-risk is your company!
Archived Cautions for CAM Wellness Practices
"Do you have a CAM “Alternative” health practice? Do you provide nutrients, remedies or health related items to clients?
Do you have questions about your legal rights and limits … or need information about how best to run your health care business? Are you aware there are words you cannot use and statements, although true, you cannot safely say to clients?
Hiring an attorney, one on one, to review these issues could cost you hundreds of dollars… making a mistake could cost you thousands. I invite you, instead, to learn from my Webinar, Cautions for CAM Wellness Practices.
I am known as The Vitamin Lawyer, because much of my 36 year legal practice centered around helping people in CAM practices, nutrient purveyors and advanced healthcare teachers. Today I am a Trustee of Natural Solutions Foundation. I can keep you out of trouble and operating smoothly so you can fulfill your mission to help others…"
This $99 PEL Webinar runs about an hour through 32 slides. It includes an 18 page eBook of information and forms all of which would cost over $500 if one on one. This is a Natural Solutions Foundation Benefit Webinar."
NCT Clinical Trials Center
The Natural Solutions Center in Volcan, Panama is now open, so Clinical Trials are beginning shortly! GET YOURS SCHEDULED NOW. The cost of a basic 12-person, one month Clinical Trial with a formal Report signed-off by credentialed professionals is about $35,000.
Prof. Udani on Clinical Trials - If you haven't seen it before, I urge you to watch the short video from Prof. Udani, who says that you need to get your Clinical Trials done if you want to remain in business! See his video here:
Meet Drs. Laibow and Goodman.
• To demonstrate product safety
• To substantiate product claims
• To determine "typical results" for Testimonial Ads
• To meet batch testing requirements
• These changes also mean you must not -
• Make claims you cannot substantiate
• Use Testimonials without disclosing "typical results"
• What can you do to tell your customers that your product is helpful, effective and important for them to use? Let us show you what we can do to help you with cost-effective clinical work...
Natural Solutions Wellness Center has established the Natural Clinical Trials Program - the NCT - to bring our special expertise to natural product clinical studies, tests and trials.
The NCT Program is headed by Dr. Rima E. Laibow MD, with the collaboration of Dr. Robert Goodman PhD, Ralph Fucetola JD, and the Natural Solutions Center Staff.
“In my opinion, over the next two to three years a company that still wants to be on the market and on the shelves needs to start investing in clinical trials today,” said Dr Udani.
Vitamin Lawyer Connections…
Notice of Fee Increase:
New rates: $340 standard and $285 discounted.
Do you Skype? If so, free Skype.com is one of the easiest ways to contact me, no matter where I may be.
My Skype handle is: vitaminlawyer
Our new affiliation site: www.naturalhealthoptions.net
Do you have an affiliation program? We’d like to list it.
If you don’t have an affiliate program… I have Affiliate Program SOPs & Rules …
And good advice… for you.
“One on One with the Vitamin Lawyer” from Power Pictures Inc.
Trailer: www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWPvzpn0YgA www.powerpicturesinc.net/store.html
Follow me on Twitter - www.twitter.com/healthfreedomus
Ralph Fucetola JD
www.NaturalHealthOptions.net www.vitaminlawyer.com http://vitaminlawyerarchives.blogspot.com http://vitaminlawyerhealthfreedom.blogspot.com www.HealthFreedomPortal.org
If you want to unsubscribe to this newsletter, please email me at ralph.fucetola (at) usa.net with “Unsubscribe” in the subject line.